Information Technology Specialist
The Information Technology (I.T.) Specialist is a key member of NASA’s Exploration Ground Systems (EGS) Program Planning & Control Team at Kennedy Space Center, Florida on the KLXS II Contract. The I.T. Specialist will serve as a technical expert for the development, implementation, management, and support of systems and networks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and carry out complex assignments and develop new methods and approaches in a wide variety of I.T. specialties.
- Evaluate new and enhanced approaches to delivering I.T. services; test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, and data and define technical requirements.
- Lead Software or I.T. special projects from start to finish (e.g., touchscreens, gaming kiosks).
- Skills within each of the following I.T. areas: Office Automation; I.T. Security Products and Services; I.T. Project Development; I.T. Infrastructure/Facility Management Services; and I.T. Property Management Services.
- Office Automation- Assist in the development, maintenance, and communication of the I.T. processes.
- I.T. for Data Management (DM) - Provide the structuring of and access to data within contractor developed systems/tools based; Provide expertise in defining and executing methodologies that access the data residing within contractor developed/provided I.T. systems.
- I.T. Security Management - Maintain a knowledge base of security issues, problems, and resolutions for customer I.T. systems.
- I.T. Infrastructure/Facility Management - Provide integration and coordination for video teleconferences in customer meetings and request I.T.-related meeting support services such as teleconferences, WebEx and ViTS meetings.
- I.T. Property Management - Act as the customer I.T. property custodian, maintain customer I.T. inventory, the shared equipment pool, and track the shared hardware/software equipment pool; Coordinate repairs with KSC I.T. and Institutional Contracts (e.g., BOSS, NICS, NEST)
- I.T. point of contact (POC) for EGS - Determine needs for new seats and ordering them and de-subscribing them when no longer needed; Validate monthly paid I.T. services; attend meetings as EGS I.T. POC representative; Raise any concerns regarding ACES seats, procedures or functions to the proper teams in I.T.
- On-boarding and Off-boarding - Help new employees, both KLXS II and NASA, get up and running with their I.T. equipment, phone service established, printers mapped, etc.; Assist with out-processing KLXS II employees and collect I.T. assets at off-boarding exit interview.
- I.T. Asset Control - Procure and coordinate tagging of new equipment and assets as needed by project teams; Purchasing clearinghouse - Verify budgeting & management properly clears request, locate best price, process any required waivers; Internally tag and monitor movement of headsets, monitors and equipment to ensure assets are properly accounted for.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science and a minimum 4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of I.T. principles, concepts, and methods; systems testing and evaluation principles, methods, and tools; I.T. security principles and methods.
- Knowledge of Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) products, Internet technologies and/or emerging information technologies.
- Highly proficient computer skills - ability to install software and/or hardware, navigate and/or assist.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships; ability to facilitate teams and problem solve
- Strong data analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, efficient organizational skills, and demonstrated follow-through on deliverables.
- Ability to frequently interact with customers and/or other team members.
- Ability to work independently.
- NASA experience a plus.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with leading projects.
Please email your resume and relevant materials to email@example.com
Ground Integration Engineer - C3 SE&I
This position is responsible for IRD/ICD for the interfaces and emulators assigned along with associated change requests. Function as the System Integration & Interface Ground Integration Engineer (GIE) within the Interface Management Group. Primary focus will be on the EM-2 interfaces. Provide requirements management, ground integration, and engineering support for C3 subsystems to meet GSDO requirements and needs.
Duties and Responsibility
Perform C3 requirement development, integration, traceability, and closure. Ensure requirements are properly documented and linked in the requirements database. Ensure verification and validation (V&V) planning is sufficient for closure of requirements.
Ensure ICD requirements are accurate and properly allocated to the appropriate C3 subsystems, properly documented, and linked in the requirements database.
Attend IRD/ICD and Emulator Working groups and related meetings with interface personnel
Update and support modifications to BSHEALS/BDEALS interdependencies as necessary. Integrate with cross-cutting GIEs to communicate possible requirement changes and impact assessments and coordinate with the appropriate IPTs, effected GIEs and the implementing organization.
Lead technical issue resolution related to C3 subsystems and ensure integrated solution with the other GSDO Elements.
Provide technical integration of C3 subsystems with the other Elements of GSDO.
Lead and support document reviews as Change Package Engineer on Program and C3 documentation updates.
Provide support to Verification and Validation planning, Verification Status Reviews (VSR) and Design Certification Reviews (DCR). Participate in meetings, pertinent to C3, which address cross program interfaces, requirements, and verification/validation with a focus on the Block 1B vehicle configuration being planned for the EM-2 mission.
Verify C3/SLS and C3/Orion interfaces, requirements, and verification/validation plans remain synchronized
Develop and present reports/presentations for management review
Participate in meetings (regularly scheduled and special topics) which address cross program interfaces, requirements, and verification/validation plans.
Participate in the development and review of cross program schedules and verification/validation plans.
Identify disconnects between programs and elevate to proper level based on interfaces and interdependencies to initiate resolution. Engage appropriate technical experts to participate as required. This can range from formal to informal technical assessment requests.
Attend software priority and delivery discussions for interface requirements.
Understand joint test planning and procedures
- 4-10 years of experience with a focus on C3, IT, and/or requirements
- Understanding of complex computing architecture and the derivation of program level requirements into use cases to support software development teams and test personnel.
- Experience working in the development of a command and control system that supports real-time control of hazards, ground systems, or launch operations.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle on government programs and mapping it to an Agile development process
- Experience in software architecture development, systems engineering, operations concept development, and verification/validation of a command and control system
- Systems engineering experience on a large government software development contract
- Knowledge of the vehicle configuration for the EM-2 mission including the Exploration Upper Stage, (EUS) impacts to the systems being installed for the EM-1 mission.
Bachelor degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) required; working knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use in complex situations. 5 - 10 years of related experience is required.
Please email your resume and relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org